Well, this seems to be turning into a cooking blog instead of a creative one ;-) Have no fear, crochet and other stuff are happening as we speak, the results will be shown soon! For now, I’ve got a great recipe for chili con (or sin, if you prefer) carne!
What do you have to get?
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sweet (red) pepper (rode paprika)
- 250 grams minced meat (or no meat of a meat substitute…)
- 1/2 small can of tomato concentrate (about 35 grams)
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes (2*400 grams)
- 2 cans of kidney (red) beans (2*400 grams)
- 1 can of corn (400 grams)
- chili powder (I used 2 teaspoons, wasn’t that hot, so add more or less according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed cumin (komijn)
- pepper and salt
- rice or tacos or something else to eat with the chili :-)
What to do?
Dice the onions and stew them in some butter in a big enough casserole, add the garlic and the minced meat and bake until the meat is done. Add the diced pepper and the spices and stew for a few minutes more. Smell the aroma! Add the tomato concentrate, the cans of chopped tomatoes, stir well and let it simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes. Add the beans and the corn, again on low heat, simmer about 10 minutes. Taste and add some more spices if needed… Serve and enjoy!