Pagina's

9 januari 2011

Sneak preview

One of the projects on my 10in11 list is my crochet ripple blanket. I’m making this with 100% cotton yarn (Drops Paris), it’s about 90 cm wide and the plan is to make it around 1.8 meters long.
After the math, I’ve still got 1.5 meters to go. So the ‘tadaa-post’ on this one will probably be posted around Christmas, since I’m doing one ripple every night.
But, because I can't wait so long, I’m posting a kind of sneak preview!


I’m using 12 different colours, so matching them to get a nice colour scheme is a bit tricky (at least for me…). Thankfully I’m not the only one who suffers from a ‘vision-your-colours-how-they-match-together-defect’ and that’s why somebody invented a really cool stripe maker!


Now for the ‘how-to’: the blanket is completely based on Lucy’s neat ripple pattern, which is a really simple and gorgeous way to get loads and loads of colourful waves…
Lucy from attic24 is one of my inspirations when it comes to crocheting, she makes the most wonderful blankets, pillows and decorations with only a hook and some yarn.

This blankie is still so not ready, but I’m already excited about my next big crochet project! Chances are I’m starting it while I’m working on the ripples.

So … to be continued!

Love, Zjizjipke!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Wauw, wat een groot project! :D Mooi!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Gorgeous colours, it's going to be amazing watching it grow!
    Lovely visiting with you ♥
    Lucexxxxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks Lucy and Nicollie! It's steadily, but slowly growing ripple after ripple :-) Every time I can attach a new colour, the whole blanket changes... It's so fun to watch!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen